Sheila Turner Johnston was born in west Cork, Ireland and spent her childhood in different counties the length and breadth of the country, as the family moved wherever her father’s job took him. She attended Queen’s University, Belfast, and apart from managing to graduate against all her expectations, one of her best experiences was reading her poetry to an audience that included Seamus Heaney.
Sheila has won prizes for both fiction and non-fiction, and has written many articles for both local and national publications. She and her husband Norman founded the publishing stable Colourpoint Creative Ltd, which is now owned and managed by their two sons.
Maker of Footprints is her first published novel.
Also by Sheila Turner Johnston:
- The Harper of the Only God Selected poems of Alice Milligan (as editor)
- Alice, a biography of Alice Milligan. Colourpoint 1994
- The Middle Ages (with Kathleen Gormley) Colourpoint 1997
- History In Close-Up: the Twentieth Century Colourpoint Educational, 2010
- History In Close-Up: the Medieval World (with Norman Johnston) Colourpoint Educational, 2011
- Healer of My Heart Colourpoint, Forthcoming novel, November 2020